HIV Foundation Queensland has pulled together links to various relevant publications, organisations, campaigns, and policy and clinical documents. By providing access to this vital HIV information, it will hopefully make it easier for health professionals to stay abreast of research developments and easily disseminate prevention, testing and treatment information.
HIV PEP (POST-EXPOSURE PROPHILAXIS) FOLDER
This HIV PEP Folder is a comprehensive resource on HIV PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis) aimed at helping clinicians prescribe and supply HIV PEP effectively and efficiently. The PEP folder has been prepared by the HIV Foundation Queensland. The development of this folder was informed by a statewide service mapping survey and extensive targeted consultation with sexual health clinics, community organisations, the Department of Health, Infectious Disease Consultants, the Australasian Society for HIV, Sexual Health and Viral Hepatitis Medicine (ASHM) and the Queensland Emergency Department Strategic Advisory Panel (QEDSAP).
Queensland Health published materials
Queensland Health provides a range of clinical information and guidelines for health professionals who may be involved in diagnosing and/or treating a patient with a sexually transmissible infection (STI), HIV/AIDS and/or viral hepatitis.
- Conducting sexual health checks
- Testing people at risk
- Safe injecting practices
- HIV/AIDS clinical guidelines
- Information on contact tracing
- Research and surveillance
- Training and development opportunities for doctors, nurses and other professionals
- Visit an A to Z of communicable diseases to access clinical guidelines, notification forms, data and easy to read fact sheets for all notifiable conditions in Queensland.
- The HIV public health team who manage the HIV notification and contact tracing process, including the protocol for the management of people with HIV who place others at risk.
- HIV s100 GPs accredited to prescribe PEP and HIV medication.
National and state organisations
- Queensland Positive People (QPP)
- Queensland Injectors Health Network (QuIHN)
- Ethnic Community Council of Queensland (ECCQ)
- Respect Inc.
- The Queensland AIDS Council (QuAC)
- Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations (AFAO)
- National Association of People Living with HIV, Australia (NAPWHA)
- Australasian Society for HIV Medicine (ASHM)
- The Kirby Institute – University of New South Wales
- Burnet Institute
- Queensland Institute of Medical Research – Berghofer Medical Research Institute
- Queensland Alcohol and Drug Research Education Centre University of Queensland (QADREC)
- Pennington Institute
- Centre for Social Research in Health
- The Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS)
Queensland workshop & forum reports
- HIV and the Law Report Final.pdf
- Queensland HIV Treatment as Prevention Roadshow Report and Evaluation.pdf
HIV and Sexual Health Related Courses
Iris Education: Reproductive an Sexual health education for healht professional Seaxual